So excited fall is almost upon us! Autumn is my favorite time of year, and we have some fun things in the works. August was a stressful month and I am not too sad to see it go. We had some unexpected expenses and I am ready to get past all of the surprises and back on track financially. Here is how we did on our goals for the month:
- New joists in place - Yes! Done!
- New subfloor - So close. Happening this week!
- New DETAILED floor plan drawn out - Yes, finally :)
- Go to the Zoo with Brian - No :(
- Sell remaining unneeded furniture on Craigslist - Pretty much done
- Re-pack storage room - Kind of done...
- Start planning for our Chicago trip - Yes! We had a great time with dear friends
- Refinish/fix Craigslist dresser - Yes. I have a bit of touch-up to do, but it is photographed :)
We are now about nine months into this reno, and it looks like we have another six months to go. I never understood why people were so against "living through a renovation" especially when they wouldn't be doing most of the work, but now I get it. It is mentally exhausting to constantly be thinking about budgets and what is left to get done, all while living somewhere that is not your home. I will never underestimate how nice it is to have a home. There is something so comforting (especially for an introvert like myself) to know that you can come home to a quiet space after a long day that brings you peace.
September is already filling up! Here is what is on the list:
- Finish subfloor
- Finish framing (!!!)
- Finish plumbing
- Start electrical
- Go to the zoo....
- Set up at home office
- Go to an apple orchard
- Attend to a State football game
I can hardly believe we are tackling framing and electrical already. I remember thinking it would be forever until we go to this point, and here we are. It is really exciting. We found out the electrician will also be installing all of our light fixtures, so I am excited to go to the restore this weekend and do some shopping! Hope you all have fun plans for the start of fall!