I have learned a lot about the timeline for construction during this reno. For example, our HVAC went in before electrical. I would have thought it would be the other way around. Another task that I thought would come last would be painting, but that in fact will have to come rather soon so that our electrician can install our new light fixtures. This realization left me scrambling at the Restore for inexpensive fixtures that could look amazing with some TLC. I finally got around to painting some of these gems. I had a can of Rustoleum's Oil-Rubbed Bronze spray paint on hand, so that is what I used. The finish turned out great!
I also spray painted these guys, but am waiting on a few finishing parts and don't have the final product quite ready.
Of course, not all DIY projects have a happy ending. I think I prefer the "before" version better of these sconces; the details get lost in the oil-rubbed bronze. They look a little Medieval and heavy in this finish... I am going to try a chrome paint next.