Oh 2015, I have such high hopes for you! This will be the year we are able to move into the Myrtle House and actually have a home again!
For December, we did okay on our goals:
- Settle the bathroom flooring saga (stone, ceramic, vinyl???) - Done. Going with vinyl. Quick and cost effective and durable.
- Have original windows repaired by construction team (hooray!) - Not exactly sure where we stand on this. Probably haven't started yet.
- Find a mason to repair the fallen chimney (proving harder than you would think...) - No. :( We have to remove the whole thing due to the enormous cost. So bummed.
- Finish spec sheet for each room to determine remaining finishes costs - Yes! While not the number I was hoping for, it is nice to have an end goal in sight and know what we are working with.
- Find two more lights for closets at the Restore (and paint) - Yes!
So that leaves me with January. I don't even know where to begin! Between frigid gloomy weather and my stomach expecting holiday goodies on a daily basis as has been the norm, I have been having a hard time getting my rear in gear and being proactive. Everything is taking so much longer than expected with the house, and there have already been other financial hurdles in the New Year besides renovation things (new tires, I am talking about you). At this rate, I am not sure what we will realistically accomplish this month on the house, but I will try to be optimistic!
- Windows repaired... maybe? Hopefully? If we get these things fixed, the Myrtle House will officially be air tight! No more animal feces inside (unfortunately a true story).
- Begin insulation
- Attempt to cut out most wheat from my diet. I finished reading "Wheat Belly" and it was very enlightening
- Start training for half marathon
- Settle on interior paint colors
Not very exciting goals this month, but with the house progress creeping along, I am going to try and make these goals realistic. Happy 2015!