When selling The Brooklyn Street House, we had zero furniture. And needed to stage on an itty bitty budget. ASAP. Luckily, my parents graciously let us have a chest and dresser set from my mom's childhood. It was also mine growing up. The set was showing it's age, but the construction was solid and we decided to spruce the pair up with paint and hardware. Refinishing furniture makes me nervous (the outcome is often a gamble), but I am thrilled with these!
Besides painting, we made a few modifications. The bottoms of the dressers had what I can only describe as dolphin fins. I asked Brian to trim them off to create a more clean and updated look.
The other element that wasn't jiving was the seam down the middle of the drawer. To create the look I wanted, I knew it would look more cohesive if that vertical line was gone. So again, my dear husband wood-filled the vertical groove on the top drawers.
Lastly, I updated the original hardware with antique pewter pulls from DLawless Hardware. The antiqued finish matches the age of these dressers perfectly.
I love that these pieces have a history and that we will continue to cherish them for years to come!